View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #54
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
I guess, but probably moreso because I haven't ridden sportbikes in 3 years. When I picked my bike up and after reading about certain changes they've made to the bike, it seemed like the rear wheel was manufactered wider than "normal".

If it's all the same to you guys, great. I'm essentially "new" to sportbikes and riding the track as of this year. Sorry for "being ignorant" aka asking questions and making statements about the ACTUAL condition of my bike.
Ha,there is a difference between "asking questions" and making statements like (paraphrase) "the last guy who owned my bike was a moron because he ran a 190/50" That implies that everyone with a 6'' rim ,basically ALL liter-class sportbikes,that runs that size tire (which is stock btw) is a moron! Oh and just for the record,if you indeed had a say,6.25 or 6.5 wide rear rear,it would most likely BENEFIT you to go with the 190 or 200 series tire.

IMHO there is an almost "magic" correlation between the "profile" of the rear tire and my ability to get my bike around corners. That relationship is further affected by; brand of tire,model of tire,air pressure suspension settings and wear. When I find a sweet spot that works for all of these conditions...well,it's like God has graced me for the day! I know MANY guys who claim that the 190/55 is superior to the 190/50 BUT I would always proviso a statement like that with "for my bike,riding style and conditions". With my suspension set-up,my bike already falls into corners, I don't need the help of a narrower tire to enter a corner but I do appreciate the greater contact patch of the wider tire while exiting. Since you are stuck riding a Kawasaki,I can see how you might need some help cornering....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote