View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #108
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I am 29. I just don't have the need or want for a sportbike. Sorry, it's just not there for me. I am not you.

I am a product of American engineering. I disagree on our quality.
Quote of the day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Ok fair enough...get an HD Nighttrain! Or a BMW K1300s.

I'll have to say this about all the engineering I've seen working for GM and now Isuzu. Germans are the smartest, but the Japanese work the longest, but they are not as intelligent as the Americans when it comes to intelligent design. They can, however, manufacturer stuff to a T and repeat it with little flaw. Americans are intelligent, but they get seriously hampered by cost reduction.
I think that sums it up for the comparo. I love VWs and would be one of the only overseas cars I would consider buying. Well that or a Mazda being most of them are build a mile from my house and mostly owned by Fords.

Take notice I have not knocked the rice anything besides the fact that I think they copy the ideas of HDs and not as fast many of the hd's. But you won't hear me knock their realiability. Hondas are die hard and suz/kaws/yams try to copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
no... I think what killed Detroit long ago but they've been too stubborn to let go is the Unions. people getting paid $40/hr for a job that should EARN no more than $20/hr.

They drove the prices up... and because their work ethic sucked why pay attention to quality of work. the result is the Domestic market's reputation for sub par vehicles that last (with a few exceptions) about half as long as the Imported counterparts.

Gas... you may be right... the Ford/GM/Christler/HD 09's may all be VERY VERY much better than the 01's... even the 05's... but I still think they're behind the power curve with the imports... namely the Japanese.

I can agree with you on the unions. I have many union buds that work at the big 3 and their suppliers. But understand this... its not the workers or even the unions that have drove these car companies into the ground. Its the miss management by corperate.

And very much so on the vast improvement. My 04 F150 was HUGE HUGE better than my previous ones. But the 09 are even more huge of improvements. It is crazy how much better the american cars are now. I could not believe how quiet the 09 Malibu is inside. I'm talking what I percieve as lincoln/cadillac quiet. I do disagree on the power curve. When the malibu as an example is getting 169hp from a inline 4, I would say american cars are on par EASY!

Finally (at least for this post), Trip... the BDM while uglier than hell will probably be a fine piece of german. I can't wait to see it. Hopefully you'll have it by July!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote