View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
Racerboy
The Other White Meat

Moto: 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS
Default Don't ask why......

But for some odd reason, when I got out of work last night, I decided to stop by Taco Bell (aka Toxic Hell) for something to eat. Not the best food but usually an OK cheap meal for the buck.

The Coral Springs lobby is usually open until 10pm but they decided to close early last night, forcing me to go to the drive through, something I usually avoid at all costs. I will quote Joe Pesci, "Never go to the drive thru, they fuck you in the drive thru, they fuck you in the drive thru!!!"

Thinking along the more healthy lines, I decided to get a Taco Salad. Its usually consistent in its delivery, has some mild nutritional value and tastes OK. I also thought I'd try the new Volcano Double Beef Burrito since they were pushing it so hard on me while ordering.

The hand writing was on the wall, or at least it should have been as it took 3 times telling the drive through person to get the order banged out. When I finally thought it was right, I had to give it yet again at the window. Not a good sign.

5 minutes passed after paying and finally the food arrived. She slings it out the window and closes up shop like a great flood was coming. I was not offered anything additional like sauces, no up selling....its seemed rather odd.

When I got home, the real story started. There were no napkins, no sauces, no salsa, no sour cream or red chips for the salad. The salad itself was mainly beans, a minuscule dollop of ground beef, no tomatoes, no cheese and barely enough lettuce to place on a Big Mac....WTF is this for $4.99???

The 2nd item was the burrito, the new Volcano Double Beef Burrito. $2.99 for the concoction, it better be damn good. What it ended up being was mainly rice, little beef and some form of spicy mayonnaise sauce. WTF??? A Value Menu Chicken Burrito is as large and only $.89.....What a fucking rip off.

So, what to do about this situation? I wrote one of my famous corporation letters in hopes that they will make good on their failures last night. What you just read was a "brief" version of that letter...those who know me, know I like to write these, more than I should, and they are usually very successful. I will post up anything they come back with down the line.

End Rant
Racerboy is offline   Reply With Quote