Thread: Odd Request.
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 12:03 AM   #7
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Thanks guys. Those helped a ton. And the Armpit over the gas cap made all the difference. Which I tried it with my kickstand down and it felt right. Hopefully tommorow if I get off early enough I can hit some parking lots and maybe get some friends to take video and pictures of me so others can critique my riding technique.

Which is it necesarry to try and put your knee down? Because I've messed with the grabbing the gas tank with my right(If going left) and I always felt like my knee should be closer to the bike. Again I'm not too concerned with dragging. If I drag a knee I rather it be because I had no choice not becuase I stuck it out so I could get my knee on the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Yeah, check out the proffesionals and how they do it. Take note of their footing and how their arms are bent and all that. I'd explain more, but i gotta catch a flight and don't have tme to post pics.

Do you have a faster buddy? Maybe he could follow you and show you the ropes.
I checked some of the photos. Most are from the opposite side they are leaning(If going left you see right side of the bike) but I got some in.

Sadly I don't have really any faster friends being I'm the one who got most of them into motorcycles. One guy in our group use to race motorcycles but I'm really only off on Sunday and he is usually working then with him being a Paramedic. I'm hoping to get some time with him and eventually get to a racing school (Ed Bargy) if I could ever get my bike track ready.

Also I'm not a fan of riding in groups though I do sometimes. I got use to riding alone and really do just about everything alone in my life(Motorcycles has actually forced me to interact which is kind of interesting). So when I was the only one with a bike I never met any other riders and were weary of other riders becuase I didn't want to pick up their bad habits and assume they are right.