View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 12:25 AM   #13
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

one was sued into oblivion by new house owners that weren't expecting the noise, I remember that one clearly because I went to look at one of those houses and the salesman warned me about the track nearby and said that we would have to sign a waiver saying that we understood there was a track nearby, this was before the legal troubles. The owner decided that it wasn't worth the hastle, tried to sell it and couln't find a buyer.

It was actually a pretty sad thing because the track owner really did alot for the township, he was constantly buying the high school sports and music equiptment, the high school used his property as sporting fields, the new development had 2 out of the 3 entrances to their development on a private road that he owned and maintained (with the only other road being a dirt road). When he closed the track he also shut down the road and wound up selling the property to the township. The housing development had to pay for the dirt road to be paved by raising association fees. The people were livid that this guy could block off a street like that, the street being the one that lead only to his racetrack and the development, he was the devil brough to life in the papers for a few years.

The other one I was told that the property was vandalized constantly after the complaints started to come in, that track was on it's way out of bussiness, each time I went there the stands were empty so I don't know if it was just bad bussiness or not, but it was all over the papers too.

Last edited by derf; 06-23-2009 at 12:40 AM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote