View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #8
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
Just make sure there are 0 air bubbles and don't ride in 100+deg heat. Mine came right off during a trackday...

Derf - they won't tear your leathers, they will however feel REAL good when you just wear jeans and squeeze the life out of your tank, lol.

Yea I don't know... I've had good experiences and not so good and I'm afraid that part of the blame for the not so good has to be placed with me. I don't think I've done all the prep work or allowed them to sit as long as recommended. This time I waited until it was 90 deg, sat the bike out in the sun and the pads on my dash for an hour. Washed the tank 3 times with cleaner and 3 times with 90% alcohol. Took my sweet time measuring and applying the grip, so I didn't have to move it at all. Then, I took a roller and put a ton of pressure on it to force the bubbles out and to make sure it was completely set. Then, I heated it up with a hair dryer and made sure that all of the edges were good and sealed. Lastly, I waited until this morning to ride the bike, almost 40 hours (instructions call for 24). If there are any fuck ups, it won't be because of me!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote