Thread: Icon Ftw!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 03:06 PM   #89
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
What kind of Icon boots? I tried on Icon Super Duty 2 Boots and felt like I could have kicked them off if I tried hard enough.

Then I tried on some Shift Fuel Street Shoes and they felt snug around my ankle along with the rest of my foot. I don't know the quality in a crash but they felt superior to the similar style Icon boots.

I do like this one Denim re-enforced Icon pants that I might get for everyday riding(Such as if I'm going to shoot pool or just cruise to the store) from Icon. I'm not gearing up in full race gear to grab a sandwich nor walk around a pool table in leathers. There is one I like that isn't overdone with patches.

Which Icon gear could look better if they dropped the NGK, Parts Unlimited, etc patches.

Ok,again I don't get it. Haven't any of you actually LOOKED at Icon's website BEFORE you've started mouthing off? For every jacket Icon makes with patches,they make the exact same jacket without. For every jacket they make in "loud" colors,they make in black. I have Alpine stars "skate" shoes,should I use them to illustrate how unprotective their gear is? I've crashed the field armor boots and leg armor three times since I've had them and they never "fell off" or "fell apart", that's more than I can say for Nitro boots. Most Icon boots are for casual riding and NOBODY ever said they were designed for doing 200+ mph around the streets of Atlanta. If you or your friend want to ride like that on the street I have two suggestions; 1. stay the fuck away from me and 2. buy ALOT of insurance and put it the name of someone you love. I don't care what gear you have on at those speeds, eventually you're gonna get fucked up.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote