Thread: Icon Ftw!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 03:47 PM   #90
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
My only issue with Icon is that they don't make any NON-flashy gear... sure Teknic, shit even A* makes some flashy shit... (none as flashy as Icon IMO) but they make a lot of "subdued" gear... and Icon doesn't make anything but street gear
Once again,have you even looked at Icon's website? They make alot of "non-flashy" gear. You put on you A* red,white and blue power ranger boots and I'll put on my all black Icon boots and we'll see who's flashy now!!! I wore NOTHING but Teknics for 10+ years,why doesn't my opinion count? I've had "top of the line" teknics gear fall apart. A* Gp+ gloves broke 3 of my fingers when my hand got smashed flat against a car because the knuckle armor didn't float like Icon's and the edge "guillotined" my fingers! I own a Dainese jacket that I can't wait to take off when I stop because it's so uncomfortable in anything but a race tuck position! BTW How much time do you spend on the track? Most guys,in my 25 years experience,laugh at dudes that show up wearing full race suits to go on a casual ride. Am I saying they aren't smart? Nope. But it definitely brings to mind tuner wannabes that have fire extinguishers and 5 point harnesses in their Cavaliers or Civics. Besides, the basis for your "quality" arguement seems to revolve solely around the fact that Icon doesn't make "track gear". So what? I'm not trying to be Mat Mlladin on the street! Believe it or not,Icon has started a trend in street gear that the "unbiased" observer can see the other gear manuacturers following. As far as style,cut and fit are concerned. Anyway,I'm gonna look into actual quality and not perceived quality this week and we'll see.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote