View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 08:01 AM   #57
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

First of all...the Zuk is bad ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Nope, which I find kinda dirty by itself! I mean, in a way, I agree that this class has produced some crazy, tight races but at what cost? The I4 guys are almost literally killing themselves to try and keep up on the faster, more flowing tracks. That dumb ass Cardenas could have had this championship wrapped up by now!!!

I almost choke laughing every time they mention how crappy the Buell's brakes are (no offense). If they could get away with it, they'd be gone I bet! I'm not even sure if they still are running all the fuel in the frame (I didn't think there was enough capacity). I'm pretty sure that they've given up on the oil in the swing arm. The belt drive was the first thing to go... Is this thing still a Buell? It seems that all the things that make it a superb street bike (by all accounts) make it a horrible race bike...

I'm not sure you understand why the 1125's dont use oil in the swingarm. The oil tank is intergrated into the crankcase like Japanese and other bikes. The XB's, as you all love to point out, uses a derivitive of a Harley engine. They have a need for a seperate oil tank. There was no reason to put the oil in the swing arm on the 1125.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote