View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 07:56 PM   #10
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonspeedRT View Post
I have HID's in my low beams on my R1. I just upgraded the bulbs to silverstars in the high beams. With the HID's I hardly use my high beams anyways. But when I do need them the silverstars are plenty bright.

The only thing i'll caution you about HID's, make sure you have a projector type lens. If you don't have a projector type lens, then your HID's will pretty much be useless and blind everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
plusone
depends on the bike... the reason is the way the reflector is... in my ZZR the reflector for low was fine... but when i went to Highs (an actuator pulled by a magnet... so no delay as both lights were on all the time) the reflectors there didn't reflect properly and resulted in scatterd light. that could very easily blind someone...

On my 600RR... the beam is exactly the same as stock. I had pictures but lost them... but I compared them... the only difference was brightness and color... the cut off happened at the same height and was just as crisp.

but a very valid point... you'll have to be very carefull about how you aim your lights after you convert.(if you convert)
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote