View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #75
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry_129 View Post
The 'have to get a bigger/faster bike in order to not be bored and/or keep up' after having a few months/miles on the bike is what I refer to as not being good reasoning. Hey, maybe she does have loads of natural talent & mastered it very quickly - but if that's the case, why isn't she able to 'keep up', as you say (assuming you're not routinely doing triple-digit blasts when you ride with her)? I have no way of knowing, but I'd bet that she's not keeping the rpm up over 10-grand when cornerning & frustrated that it won't pull at all when she rolls back into it. Or simply freaked out by the screaming sound (understandable) and not running it at high rpm to begin with.

It's only my opinion, but I stand by it.

I never said she can't keep up. The main problem is obvious... location! We have cultivated some pretty decent stretches of curves to ride here BUT this ain't the Gap. There are quite a few straights to run through to get to the different sections and the 250 sucks. Also, we went on a 300+ ride up the coast to the Seafood Festival in Morehead,NC Saturday and that shit had to suck on her bike! I think that's basically what put her in the, "I gotta get a different bike" zone.

Funny update! Her Grandpa just called and asked her how she was doing and she told him what happened (sobbing of course) so he is calling the Attorney General () but more importantly, he's sending her a check for a grand to make sure that she's going to be okay.... Oh did I mention that she is the first grandchild for all of the grand parents and the only grandchild on her father's side. Man did fate screw me with my alcoholic parents and dead by the time I was 5 grand parents....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote