Thread: Biker Greeting
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 03:46 PM   #36
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
I'm not a waver. I used to wave. Back when seeing a fellow motorcycler meant something. I remember back when fellow motorcyclists stopped to make sure other stopped motorcyclists weren't in need of help in someway. Back when people loaned tools, helped wrench, or gave aid in someway to a fellow on the side of the road. That time is for the most part, dead. I still stop when I can but damned if anyone has checked on me when I'm stopped roadside. i had a clutch adjuster back out on an EX500 that I was fixing. I looked under the seat and no freaking tool kit. Too much tension on the cable to start the thread by hand. I just needed pliers. I probably saw 10 bikes go by in the 10 or so minutes of me monkeying around to fix it. That's why I don't wave. There's no brotherhood anymore. It's people fitting an image.
I stopped for an old geezer on a Goldwing trike this summer. He said he was alright.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote