View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 08:02 PM   #4
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Miles are not really relevant, but how you used the motorcycle. I would say a track rider who commutes on a bike regulary is a more experienced rider overall than only a track rider or only a commuter. BUT...since you put a cruiser first (which most likely never seen a track), I'll say choice B.
interesting... I'd agree with you but what are we talking about... are we talking about the better STREET rider? or the better RIDER?

I mean riding on the street takes more than just being able to handle your machine well. if someone who rides track day in and out... goes to the street... with no street experience... they're gonna be in for a rude awakening the first time they get into traffic. they're not gonna be watching the right places to give them an advantage (ie watching drivers movements in the car)

I agree as far as handling the bike... a track rider will be better... that's why we go to the track... to eliminate all the other distractions.

back to the original question:

I don't think one will lead to a better rider over the other... the bikes are so different... I mean you can't even say that the cruiser would be more forgiving to learn to ride on... as changing to a sport bike... that throttle is way different...

maybe someone who's swapped back and forth would have better input.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote