View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 11:22 AM   #25
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpzx10 View Post
I just ordered these. Woodcraft. One of the advantages is that the puck attached by a screw on the side. So if you go down, you don't have to dig the delrin out of the hollow part of the slider to get to the bolt head (I know this from experience & I think Trip will agree)

BTW... Don't get the colored ones. They are aluminum and don't hold up like the black ones (plastic)
Woodcraft FTMFW!

I have a set of woodcraft frame sliders, spool sliders, and (had) rearsets on my bike. Those frame sliders are very easily the absolute best frame sliders on the market. I lowsided at more than 100 miles per hour in T1 at Jennings, the bike slid for quite some distance on the slider. It saved my bike. I picked my bike up, put a new footpeg on it (hence the 'had') and went back out next session. Then when I got home I ordered a new puck, for $15, and the slider was good as new.

It's a two-piece design, so you can replace the puck itself and not the base. It's cheaper that way. Plus the way the slider is cross bolted you have much more slider area for protection, and the bolt is easier to remove in case of an accident (straight through bolts on almost all other sliders will bend in an accident making them a bitch to remove).

Dood, don't fuck around, get Woodcraft!
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote