View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #11
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destitute View Post
Did you guys miss the part where they were on break? These were public (and probably union) employees.

Private ones would have refused to help for fear of being sued or fired. How were they supposed to verify her insurance status? You don't have the right to not die if your premium isn't up to date.

Or the govt death panel weighed in on a moment's notice. I think that about covers it.
Whatever. I saw a documented case of a kid who suffered brain damage and needed emergency brain surgery that a hospital wasn't prepared to do. They tried to get an ambulance to come to their hospital and go 5 miles to the other hospital that was set up but they weren't allowed to because they were government ran ambulances and weren't allowed to simply "transport". They literally had to call 911 to get an ambulance there.

I think those guys are sorry bastards (and probalby government) but what if they did do something and then she died. Being they were on break (or not even at work) could they then be sued or somehow punished for taking action?

It's scary to do anything these days due to fear of being sued or blamed for trying to help.