View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity Kiss My Left Nut Sack!!!

So I'm searching for a hotel and rental car for my upcoming trip to Daytona. I search all of the different "discount" travel sites and finally decide on a hotel from Expedia. I call them up to make the arrangements for the room and a full size pick-up to drive down there. Well, the girl wanted me to pay for the entire week up front, which was fine but something made me hesitate and I didn't book it...

THANK GOD!!!! On a whim, I called the hotel directly. Got them to waive the $20/day pet fee (bringing the dog), got them to upgrade the room (double-kitchenette) AND got them to kick me a price $10 less a night than Expedia was offering for the smaller room. Not to mention that with a small amount of research, I found a coupon code that got the rep from Avis to kick me a full size pick-up with unlimited miles for $212 out the door for eight days!!! Total cost for vacation...$850, not bad IMHO!

Quite frankly all of those sites look exactly the same to me now and they want the money up front. Avis, didn't even take a credit card number and the hotel doesn't charge your card until you check in/out. Plus, they all make such a big deal about their cancellation policy but the hotel lets you cancel without penalty up to 24 hours before your check in time without penalty.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote