Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
you just wiped out Harleys 2009 3rd quarter loss
??

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
i gotta get the speedo off the bars. it just sticks out like a sore thumb. that's joker machine. so far just the bracket for the speedo, no tach. who needs a tach anyways? i kinda got used to not having one.
Joker... yeah they make some good stuff.

Update:

Quote:
No way I give up that easy on HID. Remember I know the routine... custom don't bolt on.

I seem to get decent response time with emails.

My complaignt. I asked them before I purchased anything. To ensure these 880 bulbs would fit my HD passing lamps. But now that they don't, they won't exchange them for a different bulb so that I can use it in a different lamp/lens. GHEY!

However, at least replacement bulbs are only $15. Maybe they'll cut me a break on S&H.

I have found others that have done HIDs in aftermarket lenses. The aftermarkets, Adjure brand ($80), uses a H3 bulb not a 880/881. The HID company tells me the H3 bulb is 1.5" from base to tip. I measured the 880 at 1.85" The stock HD lens interior depth to coincide with the base tip length is 1.75". That is the 0.10" shortness that the 880 hid won't fit. If the aftermarket lens carriers the same interior depth the H3 (1.5") will fit no problems!!

Waiting to hear back from Adjure to get more info on their lens depth.

My brother in law wants to hack the stock HD lens. However, I think I would rather buy a new lens, perhaps sell the stock lens to recoup costs. Versus hacking it, possibly not working and still being out $80 for new lenses.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote