Thread: opinions please
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 12:33 AM   #7
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1$3|2 View Post
I actually looked at buying this car about a year ago. I did meet the owner and took the thing for a test drive. He's a really nice and honest guy. If I remember correctly, he did the work himself.

On to the car. It does have some minor cosmetic imperfections but mechanically the thing seems as solid as a rock. The motor is built and tuned right, it's wicked fast.

I guess the main reason I didn't purchase this car was the fact that it had, not sure if it still does, the stock wrx transmission. I was looking at getting a Subaru to replace my invincible volvo 740 and was weary of all that power going through stock gears. At the time it was something I really wanted but not what I needed.

I had also read a lot about Subarus, mainly Imprezas. I read that the stock wrx transmissions don't hold up well to high shock loads, ie. clutch dumps, etc. Otherwise, if I remember correctly people have said they hold up ok.

Honestly, if I hadn't been in school at the time and had a steady job then I'm 95% sure I would have bought the car.

My opinion would be to highly consider the car if it's what you're looking for. However, if you beat on it hard trying to do burnouts, doughnuts, etc. then be prepared to replace the transmission.

-Matt
its the stock tranny, thats its only down fall

i dont plan on abusing the clutch with 0-60 runs or burn outs, im looking for a fun DD once i sell the jeep, other then that its another toy for the weekends

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote