View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 11:34 PM   #1
thirdgenlxi
They call me a ride whore

Moto: 2004 CBR 600 F4i
Default Hit a new milestone on my cage tonight

Finally, she rolled over 400k tonight!! Seemed like it took forever, I guess cuz I haven't driven the car much over the last 5 years or so. It turned 300k way back on 9-12-02

1 mile and counting

Almost there!

WoooooooHooooooooooo!!

Kinda hard to see at night, buuuut....

(why do I get the feeling somebody is watching me??)

Even got to share the excitement with my bestest bud and favorite travelling companion ever!

Other than a head gasket back in 2001 at 271k, it's all original engine and transmission.... never a single rebuild on either. On it's 2nd clutch, original factory clutch broke a spring in the disc back in 2003 at 321k. Power everything and it all works great, heat and A/C included (although I did have to replace the compressor back in 2003). Still runs and drives like you wouldn't believe.... smoooooth as glass, and idles so smooth and quiet you can barely even tell it's running sometimes. Been driving it for 10 years now and it's never once let me down... ever! Absolutely rock solid reliable! Sure can't complain for a car I got for free, LOL

Still starts right up immediately on the first crank, every single time regardless of temp or weather!

A few other pics from along the way, all after 300k

Nov 2002 - Clanton, AL, hauling everything I owned moving from central IL down to south FL (1200 mi)

2004-ish - Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Back when I actually washed it and kept it clean inside and out, lol

2007 - BFE southern Georgia, moving from south FL to north GA (700 mi)

2008 - Lexington, KY, picking up my roomates new bike, taking it back to Atlanta, GA (900 mi)

2009 - Atlanta, GA, moving (some of) my stuff up to Asheville, NC (200 mi)

She's towed waaaaaaay more than just the above, that's just the only ones I've got pictures of. Definitely a wee bit overloaded a few times, hahah. Always pulled everything I've put behind her though!

Anyways, just wanted to share.... as much as I love my bike and seem to neglect my cage, I still love it too! Hondas FTMFW!!

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 253,500 miles and counting
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 435,200 miles still going strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote