View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #109
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
The comments about Irish/Italians was a specific discussion with Papa for informational purposes. Its a an offshoot of an offshoot of the original topic.

flow
Original topic

Me

Homeslice introduced

I repsonded with

Papa

From there it it branched off on a "post your info discussion". Papa posted a pic to support his claim and I challenged.

As for the second part of you post:
first part of my post means exactly what it says.
I personally do not see Mexicans being discriminated against.

Second part is literal
"What groups are claiming that Mexicans are being discriminated against?"
Its a query for information.

I want to know which groups are making the claim so I can review the case they are trying to make.

To sum up...
You = Jackass
My summary is a little different. You state that the problem is that they are Mexican or, more broadly look different, which leads to natural discrimination. "Its natural. If they look different then they are bad.
It is subliminal."

My contention is that isn't backed up by immigration statistics. You now state that you don't see any discrimination against Mexicans yet you earlier stated "If every Mexican crossing the border did so legit and were completely legal, I have a feeling that instead of calling for better border controls folks would be calling for strict quotas on Mexican immigrants." That certainly sounds like discrimination to me, and specifically directed at Mexicans.

I am trying to understand this apparent disconnect and somehow I'm the jackass?
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote