View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
t-homo
WSB Champion

Default Another in the running for a new bike

Luckily for me, my reason for looking for a new bike isn't the same as NtS's. I feel like I am ready to move up from the blast to something bigger. I am looking to spend 3500-4000 for a new bike. I would love to be able to get an 03 600rr or r6, but don't think I will be able to swing that kind of money unless I find a great deal. Right now the prime candidate is a 97 gsxr 750. My neighbor owned it, traded it to his friend for something, and his friend is too afraid to ride it, meaning it has been sitting for the last 8 months. His friend wants to learn to ride though, so I've talked to him some about trading my bike + some cash for his.

Current bike is a 02 buell blast with 2300 miles on it. Scratched up a little bit cuz it was a HD riding course bike for 3 years (explains the low miles.) It has brand new tires on it too.

Bike I am looking at is a 97 gsxr 750 with 35K miles. My neighbor said it will need a new back tire, small dent in the gas tank which can be covered by a tank bag, and some of the decals are starting to come up a little on the front. It has Yoshi exhaust and a yellow windscreen, with a yellow low beam. I don't think there is anything else done to it.

He doesn't know a ton about bikes, so I can convince him the prices are a little different than they really are. My guess is that I will be able to trade him bike bike + 6-7 hundred cash. Sound like a good deal to you guys? Anything I should know about that year/model of bike that you have had experience with?
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote