View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 10:56 AM   #8
Kristin
Not a squid

thanks for the welcomes everyone. seems like a pretty cool website.
NtS: good job. haha

Yeah it hit a tree stump and started flipping in mid air. I hit a tree and that's what stopped me from going down the mtn. But just my luck, the bike hit the same tree that I hit and came down on top of me so I was pinned under it.

I got up though once people stopped and got the bike off me. I was upset because I couldn't ride anymore that day. My rear wheel was cracked along with some other stuff. I thought I was fine but about 2 days later I couldn't take it anymore. I knew I had broke my ribs and they can't do anything about that anyway. But the pain in my stomach went from aching pain to piercing pain. I went to the urgent care and they rushed me to the ER where I later found out I had internal bleeding to my chest and abdomen, swollen spleen, and all the ribs on my left side were bruised/broken.

The worst part, I didn't have health insurance. But I was back on the bike not long after. While I was in recovery people helped me get my bike back together and I was ordering parts off ebay.

Last edited by Kristin; 05-05-2008 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: i need to proofread before hitting send
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote