View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 07:50 AM   #23
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
The whole thing reminded me of the Toronto Rodney King riot, in which a whole bunch of young people, most of them white, decided that an 'injustice' in another country was reason enough to trash Yonge Street and steal stuff from store windows. That'll sure show the government. Which government? Not the Ontario government.

When I came into work, after the G20 weekend, it was to see a bunch of shop windows smashed out. I'm sure that smashing out the windows of American Apparel and stealing a bunch of clothes sure showed The Man that globalization is a bad thing.

The planned location for the event was originally in Muskoka; 2 hours north of Toronto. Unfortunately they didn't have sufficient facilities. Never figured that the $1.0B dollars that they spent on prep and security would have been enough to build them. Still, the MP for that area managed to get a bunch of pork spent on his riding, so he was happy.

Well, you really have 2 main groups, the well intentioned protesters who actually care and try to do the right thing, and the lookyloos who get in on the action by smashing windows to get the free t shirt that was made in china from AA