View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 01:21 AM   #108
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Yup. Attack. Full Ohlins suspension too. It was gonna be track only eventually anyway.
Tits, nice setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
You do realize that people get hurt/killed on the track as well right? One of my worst get offs ever occurred at the track. Being afraid of crashing is going to make going to track just as miserable for you as riding on the street. IMHO. I think that you rode around thinking that you couldn't get hurt because you wore all that gear. Well, that bubble has been burst. So now you're going to be "track only" because you think that you'll be "safer" there... Maybe, but if you keep riding at the limit, you'll end up crashing, and we'll be seeing a thread about you giving up riding all together soon.
True... trade offs. We participate in a dangerous sport. Sure you will be getting away from the soccer moms, cell phone weilding teens, pot holes, gravel, and tickets. But the threshhold is so much higher at the track. The margin for error is smaller. The crashes faster... and more often. You may only crash once in ten years or more on the street, but you know you will crash at the track. Atleast there are no curbs to hit if you go down at the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
perhaps dlit will hang up his track suit in a year for a cruiser or maybe he'll get into hot rod cars. Do what you enjoy and F what people think.
I had and Uncle that was into Harleys and Hot Rods. Guess which one got to him first... the hot rod.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote