View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 03:25 PM   #189
squidward
KTM? Who makes those?

Moto: 09 KTM 450 XC-F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Nice, how do you like it? I've been looking at last years jetta with a manual. The new 2011 jettas are cheapened, downgraded, ugly, and bigger. You said its been trouble free? The VWs have ben getting a bad rap for electrical problems lately. But I transported a family friends beetle convertible and loved it (yes que the gay jokes). I think it was the fit and finish that did it for me. Just everything crisp and clean, nice features.
We like it enough that the two current cars in the running to replace it when the time comes are a new GTI or a new Audi A3. The hatchback configuration has been really practical for us and we just flat out enjoy driving this car. I finally have something to complain about with it though. The struts that hold the hatch open are starting to weaken and allows the wind to blow the hatch shut on me every now and then. Looks like I'll be replacing those. That said, we have used the hell out of that hatch in the little over 2 years that we've had it.

We just did a 2600 mile round trip drive to see my parents and averaged right around 30mpg with my lead foot through Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, and West Virginia as well as a bunch of rural Southeast Ohio driving. Not a hiccup one and it made for a pleasant trip.

Last edited by squidward; 01-05-2011 at 03:27 PM..
squidward is offline   Reply With Quote