View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #29
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Gotta chase the moolah, I suppose. At least they curved the rear tire so that the bike wouldn't have to crawl through the corners, but had anyone here tried to hustle a V-Rod through the corners? Even the Street Rod was a "hog" to hustle through some gentle corners. This bike is lighter and probably shorter so it wouldn't be as bad, but I doubt that it would be a pleasant experience. No matter what Ducati says, that's still a 240 rear tire.

So, why would a true riding enthusiast want this "thing"? The answer is that the true enthusiasts wouldn't touch it with a 10-ft pole. The wannabes that don't want to ride American or Japanese cruisers are going to be the ones buying this "thing".
Bullshit. I'd ride the piss out of it... CW projects a possible 0-60 of 2.5s given power to weight ratio and a 60/40 front/rear weight bias... S1000R = 2.9s...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Looks like 700lbs of poo.
Try 500.

Everybody's got a big hard on (or off) for this machine despite the fact that nobody has ridden it... I don't judge a book by it's cover... This thing could be AMAZING. Is it going to handle like a SS? No, but that doesn't mean it's not going to handle. Max lean angle is 41ยบ IIRC, not too shabby.

The bike isn't a cruiser, a power cruiser, or a sportbike... it's something in between... it's ok if you think it's ugly, but you can't say it's a piece of shit until someone actually rides it... otherwise you're just talking out your ass.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote