View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Not worth the time usually.

In this case if the parts you need would cost as much as the asking price then go for it, then go on a bike specific forum and put up a parts for sale post.

Other than that, its just not worth the hastle, time and the little bit of money you will make off it.

Just from the description the parts worth selling, on that bike are probably already screwed anyway, plastics, seat, lights, side cases, foot pegs, handlebars, controls, guages and subframe are the big items that are worth your time and trouble, and a stunt bike has probably been dropped, which is why folks generally need those parts anyway.

I have tried to part out a few cars before, and people all want either the big parts that sell right away, or they want the small little bits that aren't worth jack, but they don't want them today, they will want them 6 months from now when they need them, not when you are selling them. I don't think I will ever try to part out anything again, I will always try and sell it as is missing 'these' parts or broken because of 'this'

Last edited by derf; 01-21-2011 at 04:06 PM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote