View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 07:48 AM   #26
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I honestly have 1000x more fun on the pit bike than I did on the sportbike on the track. You still get that competition feeling, it's just you can push your ability 100 fold without any worry for yourself or the motorcycle. You can practice backing it in and all sorts of shit I would of never attempted with a $7k motorcycle.

This is how I feel about a motard. I'm not a speed freak. I've DONE 170mph, and it didn't blow up my skirt any more than 100mph does. But what it DOES do is increase the "what goes wrong at 60 goes really fuggin wrong at 120" factor for me.

That's why I like my supermoto and SMALL tracks like Patriot. Speed is limited to about 95 mph and you get all the excitement of deals gap without the gravel, fuck-nuts with trailers, oncoming cars, and locals with their oil and kitty litter.

I also like the mini-moto on kart tracks.

On the BIG tracks (VIR full) there's just too many ego-hungry wannabe GP stars that never seemed to get selected by the big guns who try to prove something to everyone else. Whereas on the smaller tracks it really DOES take skills. A huge powerplant can't make up for lack of ability.