View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098
Default Good News and Bad News

So, I guess at least VA benefits won't be much affected by the shutdown: http://www.va.gov/FieldGuide_Flyer_Final_6261.pdf

But for those of you on active duty, AGR, or full-time equivalent orders, you might want to check your LES and start making plans to call your creditors, landlord, mortgage company, etc.. I checked mine this morning, and looks like I'll be getting paid half of what I normally get on the 15th. And our Adjutant General still expects us to maintain normal duty hours.

I don't mind tightening my belt, but a) those pukes who can't agree on shit shouldn't get paid either, and b) the men and women overseas doing violence on their behalf SHOULD be paid, and should NOT have to worry about money - they need to focus on coming home in one piece. It's bad enough we already lose so many - even of the ones who make it home alive - they don't need any more distractions. Can we at least do our due diligence to make sure they're taken care of while they are in harm's way?

Sorry, this is a touchy subject for me. Two deployments makes me admittedly biased.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote