Thread: Driven Grips
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 11:32 AM   #10
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Aquanet hairspray works awseome. You can buy a big can of it at walmart for around $2. Spray it on the inside of the grip and slide it on. Give it about 30 minutes to dry and you are good to go. The grips won't slip or ever come loose. I've done this with about 4 pairs of grips. It works perfectly every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1up0n1 View Post
I just ordered a set of black driven gel grips for my R1. I've been doing some research and everyone is raving about these....so I figured I'd give them a shot. I got them for $17.00 no shipping. Some places were 12, but shipping costs took them over $23.00
I got my driven grips from Motomummy as well. I saw everyone on the R1 forums raving about them. So I put them on back in March. I just took them off last weekend. I put about 3000 miles on the bike between March and the end of May. Already they had several spots that were worn down on both grips. I'm talking like totally flat. I never had that happen with any pairs of progrips I ever used.

As far as comfort, I like the "grippy" factor of the grips. But I definatly felt more vibration in the handlebars with them. Even though they were a "gel" style grip. For the money, i'd go with a set of progrips everytime.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote