View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 09:09 AM   #182
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I am seeing more and more impalas, as well as chargers and challengers. The current problem with crown vics is that they arent making them any more 9or will stop very soon). The design is proven and has been for the last 3 decades with some upgrades. they are the staple of police force and taxi companies across america but their terrible fuel mileage and decades old and expensive design have forced people to look elsewhere at newer and cheaper designs.

A while back I read somewhere that most police forces that bought into the impalas were sorry they did, the abuse the cars took as daily cruisers were too much for the car and while they saved on initial purchase price and on fuel, maintenance and repair costs are astronomical
I can believe that. I know a few people who own some and their biggest complaint is having to constantly either replace or grease the steering shaft and other assorted drive bits and that the suspension craps out even under light use.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote