View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 09:40 AM   #74
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
No, it doesn't sound like something a responsible person would do... does that mean there should be a law against it? I mean, people would have to form search parties and tons of resources would be used to look for your wandering ass... so yeah, that should be outlawed.

Come to think of it... alcohol causes health problems, traffic fatalities, etc, we should just outlaw alcohol. You know, because us Americans obviously cannot make good decisions for ourselves.
In a way, you're right. If "we" were able to make good decisions on our own, we wouldn't need a law against DUI. So if you drive drunk, but don't actually run over anybody, is the DUI law just an infringement on your right to make bad decisions? Hey, you didn't hurt anybody, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Shoveling up my brains on the highway and inconveniencing travelers who have to wait for me to get pressure washed off the highway is NOT hurting or harming anyone other than myself.
Tell that to the people who lost wages, and the companies that lost productivity while their employees were waiting for the mess you caused to get cleaned up.

Just because you don't give a fuck about other peoples problems, doesn't excuse you from causing them.

JC