View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #26
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Daily driver? I had a loaner 528i-m a week or so ago. I nearly needed to change my pants when I saw the M emblems, but quickly realized it was still the straight-6 in M clothing. So, all the performance of 6 with the less-functional M series steering wheel.

How is the 1 series M? I hope it's more peppy than the one I had... that's a trademark I would hate to see get watered down.
It's for street and track. I drive it on the street to get to the track. I mean, I work at the track and I'm there 2-5 days a week. I use it to give ride-alongs. You know, those people that want to check out the track but don't have a car to do it... so I drop them in a seat and show them around.

It's a 135i with the M-kit. It is not the 1M. That means, it's the 135i with the monster brake kit, wheel, traction control and sport suspension. The M brings more than the steering wheel and stickers. Brakes make all the difference. It's amazing how much faster you can go when you know you can stop when you want to.

All we've done to it is the black kidney grills and got wheels/tires [got off the run-flats and ditched the silver M-wheels]. It's my favorite car right now - TONS of fun. It's the semi-automatic, double-clutch seven speed paddles.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote