View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #16
dubbs
Multistrada

Signed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
I don't understand that area....never been there...but....from the outside looking in it seems completely stupid to me that they'll patrol that road intensely...write speeding tickets hand over fist....while not writing driving in the wrong lane tickets....why it isn't just common sense to not allow semi's to drive on that road when it is physically impossible for them to do so in their own lane.

I know what the answer is.....there is money to be made from writing a high volume of expensive speeding tickets...but....doesn't safety get a hearing at some point too?
Some times I just think it's almost all about revenue generation and the excuse that's given is that it's for safety.

Example - 35 mph 4 lane road with a turning lane in the middle where it was previously 45 when it was only a 2 lane road. They widened the road out and DROPPED the speed limit. Put these crazy 20 foot billboards showing a cop sitting there with his radar gun out basically saying go 35 or else. They would setup at the end of the road with 15-20 cops and go up and down the road pulling ppl over left and right for doing 40 in a 35. Telling me that's for safety?

They've relaxed it now I guess because enough people have complained, but they still sit up and down the road.. it's a straight shot for about 5 miles with way too many traffic lights. On any typical day I see 5-10 cops on my hour commute (each way) to work.

Yesterday I saw 2 cops sitting in a parking lot then down the road 5 more cops had ppl pulled over all in a line. I usually average 50 down the road because anything else is just too fuckin slow.
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored

Last edited by dubbs; 08-12-2011 at 10:07 AM..
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote