View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #30
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Actually I love GOOD photos. I really dislike a lot of computer editting that is done to photos beyond some of the necessary clean up stuff. Especially poorly done HDR. If you are using HDR to enhance the light without distorting the photo, great. If you are making the photo look like a drawing or fucking with the colors, bad.

I don't hate GOOD photographers either.
It's a big debate, on photography forums, as to when a photo is no longer a photo, but has become 'digital art.' I'm a bit of a purist and documentarian. I do very little work on my shots trying to get exactly what I want right out of the camera, as much as possible. I don't clone things out, nor do I add things in. I do a little exposure compensation, maybe alter saturation a bit, a little unsharp mask, and occasional noise reduction. I don't generally spend more than a minute on editing each picture and, quite frequently, I just upload them exactly as they came out of the camera.

The more a picture is worked on the more obvious it is to me, and the less I tend to like it.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote