View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #374
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

I had no problem with the hardware on my Droid X. It was a solid piece of phone that was damn near indestructable. I've dropped that thing a bunch of times, and besides the batter door popping off, it kept running without problem. All of my problems came after the software update. They just don't have it down. I had a few problems with the original Droid going from Eclair to Froyo that were eventually sorted, but going from Froyo to Gingerbread on the Droid X made the phone completely unusable. The RAZR looks really nice, and I have faith in the hardware, but the idea of sweating through the upgrade from Gingerbread to ICS two or three months into ownership and hoping that the phone isn't turned to shit because of issues with Blur will guarantee that I don't fuck with the RAZR, or any skinned version of Android for that matter. The Galaxy Nexus with a clean, unskinned, vanilla version of ICS is far more appealing and presents far less bullshit to deal with related to software updates.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote