View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 06:55 AM   #38
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Same situation with mine. She'll be 7 at the end of May and is too scared to ride her bicycle without training wheels. I refuse to put them back on. She tries with me holding on, but even then, gets scared and almost starts crying and wants to give up. Sigh. I make her keep at it for as long as I can, though.
Just don't force it. They gotta WANT to do it.

My kids all just got up one day and DECIDED that's what they wanted to do. Then it was a matter of "M'kay, been there, done that.....NEXT?"

My youngest daughter recently decided she wanted to master the ripstick since my older two seemed to be having such fun on them. So I put her on her sisters...worked with her 5 minutes, then said "If you want it bad enough, you'll figure it out"

I let her use the exploder to put her hands on and learn to balance, and in less than an hour she was wiggling and snaking that thing all by herself

They just have to make their mind up to do it themselves.