View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #18
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I'm looking at getting a Nikon 1 J2 this month. I want it mainly for taking pictures of cars/bikes at shows for a site. I have been thinking about a Nikon 1 for a number of reasons and now with the price of the J2 I feel I have to give it a shot. If it isn't to the job then I can return it.

What I'm wondering is if the lens that will be good for what I want to do? I will at times want to use it with the kids and for taking pictures of boats while one the waterfront.

Here is the specs for the included lens. 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30 mm f/3.5-5.6 Interchangeable Lens (3x optical zoom / 27-81 mm equivalent in 35 mm format).

Here is the other lenses available for the Nikon 1 line. http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Pro...ses/index.page

James
I used to have a Nikon J1 with the 10-30mm lens, I bought it for the built in intervalometer. It was a good little camera but I mounted it on my multicopter last year and it died in a crash. 10-30 mm is a good gerneral purpose range but its a lot more pocketable with the 10mm 2.8 lens.