View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 08:49 AM   #1
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1
Question Which would you get (and WHY?)

Alright, so as ya'll know, I'm on the hunt for a new(er) bike and probably going to do something soon (next couple of weeks).

The two bikes I'm looking at are the '04-'06 R1 and the '04-'07 Busa --- I've ridden both, loved both equally (but differently) and know I'd be happy with either.

Now one thing that a lot of people have mentioned is "You guys already HAVE an R1, so why get another one?" which is a valid point (however the R1 is just a fabulous machine, so why NOT, right? ) On the other hand, the Busa is the other bike Chris was considering when he got his R1, so I know it's something he'd also enjoy riding, and we could (theoretically) 'share' both bikes.

Well now there's a couple of really great options that have surfaced that are making the decision really hard and giving us a lot to think about....

First off we found a Shift Red '05 R1 with about 12K miles on it. It's in beautiful shape, already has some basic mods done to it and is local. However, we don't know the owner, so we don't know how it's been maintained. They're asking $6500 on this one.

Then we have an '06 Busa with 10K miles on it. It's already got exhaust, windscreen, frame sliders, the rear seat cowl, HID's and I forget what else. It's owner by a good friend, and I KNOW how well it's been maintained (immaculately). They're also going to change the oil and do a flush and replace with Engine Ice before they sell it. They're asking $6000 on this one.

So based on that information only, which do you think sounds better (not just based on price, but all around)?
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote