View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition
Default PSA for any cruisers headed for NW AR! (rant)

Attention all Ozark bound cruisers...Please accept this as prior notice of my intention to pass you.

While I recognize your right to enjoy Arkansas highways as you seem fit (at 15 mph under the posted limit or 20 mph under the curve advisory limit) while enjoying the scenery and the sun reflecting off the chrome of the unbaffled straight pipes in front of you, I like to ride differently.

This is not being condescending i am just pointing out obvious differences in our riding pursuits. We sport bike riders enjoy leaning with the curves at speeds slightly higher than the advisory limit and occaisionally the posted limit. This does not make us reckless adrenaline junkies bent on suicidal kamikaze passing as our bikes have a higher level of performance making such maneuvers easy and even somewhat safe.

However, if you insist on riding in tight staggered formation and do not leave room for passing you one at a time, I have to pass you all at once in groups. This will require I gain significant speed if I am to stay in the left lane and pass before the end of the straightaway. Please observe I have no compuction for passing on the double yellow when your speed is 15 mph lower than the posted limit. If this makes you uncomfortable pull to the shoulder stripe and waive me by.

You have the right to be angry about it if you wish and even react poorly using hand signals but this will not change my mind. That is all carry on!

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote