Thread: Just Me
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 03:53 PM   #18
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
So I'd be an Asshole For Posting This Eh??

Lol.

Welcome to TWFix...Good to have another Kawi Nut On Board!!
Oh, no.... with some coaching from the many fine members on this forum, I have actually been able to tell myself the world won't end next week and I will have time in my life to upgrade to a faster/sexier bike down the road!!! But what and absolute beaut she is. Can I ask how much you got her for?? I sat on a blue one at a dealer last week! I love the chrome lettering they use with the blue tho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
those larger kawi's are nice. I wouldnt touch the entry level EX stuff again. way too much necessary if you want to keep any of em for a long time in terms of upgrades compared to the 600 class.

the EX series needs better tires, suspension, a carb tuning before it leaves the dealer, and WAY too many more things to really be ideal honestly. the suspension part on the 250 and 500 ninjas ends up being either A. really tricky to do(if you go the cheap route) or B. rather expensive, and still a pain in the ass. I still vote Yamaha YZF600. an 03-05 R6 wouldnt be a bad choice either if you've got control of your ego, and right hand.
My best friend started on an 05 R6 about 4 months ago and he has done rather fine... except for one incident involving a dog and the subsequent drive into a neighbors yard... it cost him a new windshield. He has a good head on his shoulders and is mature enought to handle a midsized bike. The one thing that scared me about him is he only weighs about 110 soaking wet. Honest to god it would take 3 of him to equal what i weigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
I loved my 05 ZZR600... but it can be had cheaper in it's former name the 02 ZX6R

it's got all day comfort... more than enough power IMO... and fucking bright ass headlights! never had an issue with it... though I did have some issues with finding neutral on my Indy Trip... but I had the same oil in that I had stored it with (changed when I put it in storage) but it was due again when these problems started...
Love the ZZR/zx-6r. Those big cat eyes, duck bill intake, and relatively comfortable seat. My other friend had one before a bout with some gravel in a turn. Bugs me it doesnt have a gas guage tho... Now I know the older zx-6r can be had for cheaper, but isnt that still classefied under the sport insurance, whereas the ZZR is under the S/T category??
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote