View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Well I prayed to the Honda gods that it wouldn't come down to them butt raping me (aka order Honda OEM) and sacrificed a virgin (was going to use Digifox but apparently he isn't anymore). I took the oldest one I could find (at 10) and fed it to the Kraken.

In doing so the bike started up no problem. I did everything I could to replicate the problem but it kept fucking working. Glad it's working but upset that I may not be able to identify what went wrong. Well I'm sure I'll have my chance in the middle of fucking nowhere.

I just thought of this which is probably a bad thing to remember later but I think low oil will cut a motor off (I know it will on Honda small engines). However would it by chance shut down all electronics? I'm just taking wild guesses now

I have two electronic mods. One is the heat grips that I have set up with the fuse box but the fuses where fine. The other is a green neon that I set up for the tag (a lot of good that did since I got a tag obstruction in daytime from Ranger Rick) but that hasn't affected anything before.

Appreciate the info. Now going to find someone who knows how to use an ohmmeter and make them start touching shit.