View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 01:28 PM   #42
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujimoh View Post
So you should clearly understand the need to protect personal and intellectual property.

I don't understand what the "levy" on recording media has to do with the theft of intellectual property.

This thread is about whether it is fair for people to pirate copyrighted material. If people are using your work without your permission or paying you royalties, you ought to feel the way I do that it is illegal and the thieves should be prosecuted.

Explain to me what that has to do with paying a surcharge on blank media like CD/DVD.

Bla bla bla. I sure as fuck dont feel sorry for multi-billion dollar movie studios. As a matter of fact, until they bring down the price of movie tickets, Blu-rays and DVD's, I think EVERYONE should pirate everything until they get the picture.

The music industry is slowly starting to get the idea, and altering and improving their online sales models. Now if the gaming and movie industries would start doing the same, perhaps i'd have a little more empathy for them. As it is, I dont give a fuck about their intellectual properties. As long as they are charging 12-15$ to see a movie, i'll continue to pirate those that I dont deem worthy of that price.

Gaming is another story, because I cant play online games with pirated copies, so I buy most them, and theres also companies I like to support, like Valve. But I have no pity on huge companies like EA and Activision, with their ridiculously high pricing models for games and downloadable content, and will continue to pirate their single player games until they come around and realize they are ripping people off. I refuse pay 15$ for 3 multiplayer maps when I have already paid 60$ for the game itself. Especially when other companies like Valve, CD Projekt, and other smaller studios can afford to give that DLC away for free.

Its pure greed. So don't come in here on your moral high horse and expect us to give a fuck about the intellectual properties of greedy corporations.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote