View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #16
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog View Post
Stop focusing on looks and find a helmet that fits your head first? I looked at all those helmets too (HJC Carbon, Bell Star, etc) but bought an X-11 because it fit my head better than anything else out there. Yeah, my credit card wasn't too happy about it.

BTW webbikeworld.com is by far the best site out there for researching helmets. They're the only ones that try to give you a sense of helmet shape for head fit.
Like Tig... er Lon... er AmberLamps said, WBW is good, but a bit dated with some of the newer models.

The SBTG guy says in the comparo vid of the RSR, X-11, and Star that they all fit the same. (09 and older Star models need one size down from standard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
STG makes excellent videos, but does he describe whether the helmet is an oval, long oval, round, or round oval fit? That's what is good about webbikeworld.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people don't know what kind of head shape they have........Even people who've been riding for years. You hear them make silly comments like "I'm an Arai head".........Um, no.......Arai makes several different shapes, some are round, some are oval. Someone who fits a Quantum well will not fit into a Profile.
Yes, kind of. He doesn't say "this is a round helmet and will only fit round heads" but more of a generalization of a "round oval" or "neutral"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote