View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 05:27 PM   #111
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
I clean mine when something impairs functions.
Thats me. I wash it when I work on it. Thats pretty much it. Oh, I do keep the chain clean tho, for some reason dirt doesnt bother me, but a gunked up chain does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
What is this "wash" you're talking about? I just say fuckit and ride in the rain.

Gets rid of most of the dirt. The only time I really clean my bike is if I crash. The run-off at JGP is dusty.
Hush your mouth, Jennings dirt brings good luck! I didnt wash mine until it all fell off, still have the tires with dirt embedded tho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
Meh. I'd rather have a bike that has been regularly maintained than washed regularly. My bike has been very well maintained, just not washed frequently. Flat black and wax don't mix anyway.
I agree 100%. I wont ever be selling mine, and if she does anything but street and track, she's going straight track. I love her, we play hard, is maintained well other than cleaning and she has "character". (*note: Character = dirt, scratches, a few dings and ZIP TIES! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I've been thinking about trying out this Ice stuff. Pretty solid, eh?
I think its a matter of opinion, I had it, didnt care for it, Honda polish FTW above ICE.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote