View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #36
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Well, to start with, I've only done it on NEW bikes myself, not old ones. My ER is a 2009, bought new this year.

And just swapping out the fork springs potentially leaves you with a poorly damped setup. I'm dropping in a full cartridge setup for about $700.00

Brakes? I could replace the brake lines with stainless, but I've found that I get most of the benefit of them with just a pad swap.

Transmission? Works beautifully, thank-you very much. Especially so when I'm above 7K rpm.

Rake and trail? It's fine for me. Ergonomics were more of a concern, which I handled by just swapping the bars for a straighter set.

Unsprung weight? That would be nice, but the suspension alone will make the ride head and shoulders above the stock setup. If it comes right down to it I could likely do a wheel swap still coming out at less than that $3K more total that you stated, to which I would be adding $1.5-$2K in suspension mods anyway.
Yea I dipped in at the suggestion that No Worries upgrade his suspension, I wasn't really refering to your bike, bro....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote