View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 07:09 PM   #15
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy View Post
when i first got my 250, my dad was tailing me once and even HE said that I was accelerating kinda slow (compared to his camry ). needless to say thats not a problem anymore with the SV, but the 250 is still plenty fast... the main thing is to keep it in the powerband, she's probably too scared to do that. I usually used to shift at 8 or 9K, see if you can get her to shift later. that will definitely help. but if she is just too scared to get on the throttle a bit... well theres nothing u can really read to help that.
I told her to shift between 4 and 6k for now. That'll still give her enough pep to get up to speed fast enough though. And her cruising speed should be around 5k. She just needs to practice shifting because that's where she scrubs off speed. It takes her a bit to perform the actual shift. I told her to anticipate a shift by getting her foot in position, then clutch, shift and release. The pegs are whack, too. Big as rubber pad on top. WTF? I'm gonna look into aftermarket, all metal pegs.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote