View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #24
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I wish you would. I'm a fairly avid cyclist, own numerous bikes and ride every day....I don't know what it is but it really seems most road cyclists are extremely pompous. Not just on the bike forums but the ones I've met in person too.
Roadies are the worst. Triathletes don't even like the roadies (and roadies can't stand triathletes). Of course the runners hate us, the swimmers hate us, and the cyclists hate us.

Mountain bikers aren't much better but they irritate me the most becuase they live in some major city but come out on the weekends to the country and tell the people who live in the country how things need to be done. Nothing like some computer analysis getting a little power. Because of that they just fuck up the trails by over-maintaining them.

To put it in perspective, imagine a race track repaving the course every single week and then throwing tar snakes down every week on top of that. Then they tell you to race on them and if there is a problem to get out there yourself and do it.

I'll talk to my buddy about making a forum. I doubt I can do it because I wouldn't have time to maintain it and I also have no clue of the costs of a forum and for me every little penny I save helps.