View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #15
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
No way that's real. Nobody is that naïve
I thought that too at first. They've spread to other cities and have come to Atlanta (I guess filming for "the walking dead" has finished and they need something else to do). Our local news ferrets have been running around talking to them.

They interviewed this one "lady" at the UGA protest. She stated "My boyfriend lives in Valdosta (located in south GA at the Florida line) and works there. She goes on to say "I'm a music major and wanted to be one since I was a little girl but I can't find a job there". Somehow that is Wall Street's fault despite odds are she'd be a government worker.

Well guess what. I've wanted to be a fucking astronaut since I was a little boy. But I don't have an aeronautical degree and if I did they only send maybe 20 different people into space a year out of thousands who wish they could. It's not feasable for a lot of people. Sure you can try and you should, but if you don't get strapped to the giant bottle rocket then you don't blame NASA for not sending a space shuttle every week.

I think some people out there really want change or something done and really care. The rest I feel are there just to "fight the system", be cool, or cause trouble.