Thread: Handlebars
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 10:09 AM   #9
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
Wouldn't you get the same thing you already have? This is just my opinion, but when I test rode an Aprilia Factory, the low bars made it very difficult to shift my upper-body weight. Actually, it was pretty much impossible. An upright riding position doesn't look as cool, but it makes it much easier for me to throw my bikes around.

Spiegler sells a very expensive handlebar kit for your bike: http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/sbk.cfm. But if you like to be comfortable when you ride, and you live where there are lots of curves, it would be worth it.
Yeah, I'll look into that when I decide to fighter the bike.........IF it gets laid down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Screw that! hahaha!

Hey my olny concern with "modifying" the stock set-up is that with the single bolt,perhaps the "tit" also helps keep the bars from twisting on the fork.
This is my concern as well. If it were two clamp bolts, then I don't forsee that being a problem. To be honest.....as little as the tit is, I don't see that it could do too much. I think I may be able to just drop the bar down a little to get the tit out of the hole and then degree it how I think I want it to see what it feels like. I may not even like what it is that I think I want.